Jun 28, 2014

Dresses for the Bubbles (Part 1)

  They're not being called flower-girls because technically they'll be dispersing bubbles down the aisle, so my girlfriend just calls them "the bubbles" for now. I think its kind of cute, plus I also like when people stray away from the typical wedding regimen that has come about over hundreds of years (boring and so not personal). I also felt honored when she asked me to make these two dresses for her beautiful nieces as they walk the aisle just ahead of her in September in my home state of Maine. 

  Today we spent several hours scoping out just the right pattern- well, piecing together two separate designs to get what will compliment her own dress and those of her bridesmaids- and finding just the right fabrics and notions. After we walked away from the checkout I said to her "you know,  neither of us ever looked at the costs of any of the fabrics, we chose purely on exactly what we wanted." What an amazing feeling it is. I cannot wait to create these amazing dresses that will add shine to the celebration of the true love between two wonderful people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment