Jun 23, 2014

Busy Weekend Designing New Spikes

  I wasn't too impressed with the way that I designed the spikes for the previous dinosaur tails, which consisted of two layers of felt sewn together. They didn't look bad, but they also didn't look as clean as I'd have liked and plus three separate strips had to be sewn together halfway through a spike to make the most out of the pre-cut dimensions of felt that I purchased. I was able to design new spikes in which I have very little scraps leftover and it seems to be working out well. I also like the alternating colors versus the double-layer from before. The pinning and basting is a bit tedious, but it'll be worth it in the end.

  I have twenty tails almost done right now, but most will be heading off for a party package order. The others I will list on my Etsy page for sale one they are complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment