Jan 18, 2014

Laptop Sleeve

     A paneled, quilted laptop sleeve for my MacBook Pro. I felt that I needed a little something new and exciting to help me finish up that last semester of weekend classes towards my masters degree. I love the way it turned out and the soft, simple fabrics that I chose. The blue, although looking like a jean fabric, is much lighter than regular jeans, although a similar texture; two cotton prints; and a strip of linen just because I love linen so much. 

     For the padding I used a quilted batting, and then up-cycled an old heavyweight t-shift as a liner. After making the sleeve using a tutorial, I realized that my anxieties got the best of me and I was worried that the laptop might slip out of the sides, as there was no sort of closures to them. I then added on two small pieces of elastic to make myself feel a bit better, and will have to add that into the design if I make future laptop sleeves. 




No comments:

Post a Comment